I’ve had several people contact me and ask if I will do reviews by author or publisher request. I am, indeed, open to this but there are some limits and some strings attached.
- Timelines may vary. This is a one person blog and I do all the reading and reviewing myself. That means that the available time varies. If you need a review by a certain date, let me know when you request the review and I’ll see if I can make that date.
- My reviews are just that, my reviews. If you request a book review, be aware that I may not love your book. I’m not a believer in scathing ranting torchings of books but I will be honest and will tell you what I thought. I try very hard to not write spoiler reviews so if you don’t understand why I felt a certain way about a book, you are always welcome to email me to ask for more details and I’ll be happy to explain further. But remember that once a book is in my hands, you have no control over the review.
- I always list the source of my review copies or if I buy a book myself. I believe this is good for review readers to know.
- I do post my reviews on GoodReads as well as on my blog.
- I can hold reviews for close to a launch as long as you tell me when you’d like them to be posted. Advance notice is always good (see the first bullet point above).
- No, I won’t tell you who I am either.
As readers, we all have preferences and right now the following are on my list of genres I’m willing to review currently:
- Science Fiction and Fantasy – including urban fantasy and steampunk.
- Romance – contemporary, paranormal, gay, erotic, science fiction… basically anything that’s not historical or inspirational.
- Young Adult
- Non-Fiction of limited varieties – please email me with your specific topic. My interests here are varied and hard to neatly define.
I prefer electronic copies but can review hard copies if that’s the only way a book is available for review.
If you want me to review a book for you, please drop me an email through my contact form and I’ll get back in touch with you or answer any questions you might have.